NACCOC Warns ,Cannabis May Be Hidden In Everyday Food and Drinks



 A Level 300 Production By Faithful Amah

(Gummies that are known to be infused with cannabis )

  Cannabis  is no longer being infused into only gummies and brownies, according to the Narcotics Control Commission (NACCOC).The Commission says the drug is now finding it’s way into a wide range of everyday foods and drinks ,increasing the risk of unsuspecting consumers unknowingly consuming it.

  Experts say ordinary meals may be vulnerable to tampering ,consumers should not assume familiar looking foods are always safe .It is therefore urging the public to be more vigilant when purchasing or accepting food and beverages.

(Jollof is among everyday food highlighted by NACCOC)

(Infused ice cream )

“They are using cannabis in virtually everything “.A NACCOC officer Mr Francis Opoku Amoah reveals cannabis is now being infused into a variety of edible products beyond those commonly known by the public.



The Commission says identifying cannabis-infused products can be difficult ,especially when they are mixed with food .
However, the officer advised consumers to pay close attention to beverages they are familiar with ,”If you’re going to take any beverage and you realize that the color is different from the normal color that you know or there are residues in the drink ,it should draw your attention that it has been tempered with “.


(Sobolo is among the drinks Mr Francis says may be infused)

The warning comes after one victim ,Erica Appiah (a student)recounted unknowingly consuming a cannabis infused product at an event.”I bought it thinking it was a normal drink ,I didn’t know it was infused.I don’t remember what happened after, till the next morning “

(Erica Appiah recounts her experience)

Immediate Initiative 

The NACCOC officer urged anyone who unknowingly consumes cannabis and experiences negative effects to seek immediate medical attention.”If your body is reacting to it negatively,the first thing you do is to go to the nearest hospital and report so you can be checked medically”he said.

Measures Put In Place

Mr Francis assures that The Narcotics Control Commission collaborates with the Ministry of Youth Development to promote a campaign Red Means Stop and also the traditional media and social media to create awareness and educate especially the younger ones on the effects of Cannabis abuse.









 



18 Comments

  1. I realize we need to be very careful about our daily intake

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to careful of what we take in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this update, we all need to watch what we eat nowadays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch what you eat or buy to eat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful of what people sell to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to watch what we eat out there is very important

      Delete
  6. This is getting serious. This information is very important and need to be shared to the youth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice cream??.Wow,it has gotten that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an eye opening piece. I never imagined everyday foods like jollof or ice cream could be tampered with, thanks for raising awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great info ,the youth will be enlightened

    ReplyDelete
  10. We learn something new everyday 🫢

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really enlightening

    ReplyDelete
  12. Theodore Xoese
    This is the more reason I prefer to cook at home than buying

    ReplyDelete
  13. I mean this has become the norm now….I’m just extra vigilant now when buying things outside

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is seriously concerning, especially for people( me inclusive )who buy street food or drinks at events without knowing what's in them. I think we need to start being extra mindful and careful of where we buy prepared foods like sobolo, pastries, and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very educative , glad I chanced upon this

    ReplyDelete
  16. Say no to drug abuse. Choose a healthy lifestyle, protect your future, and inspire others to do the same. Every good choice counts.let’s help reshare this information

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post